Staying in one of CheersBye unique homestays is an experience in itself. But many homestays organise experiences and activities for guests, which range from exciting and challenging to relaxed and fun. Here is a list of six such activities to give you some unique Indian holiday experiences.
2. Yak Safari: In Ladkah’s rural homestays you can explore the area in a novel way, on the back of a yak. An Indian holiday experience you won’t forget! Rides start in the village of Ulleh and the right season for this is between June to August.
3. Diving for lobsters and clams: At the gorgeous Luxury heritage homestay on the Vembanad lake in Alleppey, Kerala one can go diving for lobsters and clams. This is a very rare experience in India. This is a seasonal activity, which can be organised in August with the local fishermen at night is almost magical.
4. Night trekking: At the enchanting and unique Periyar Tiger Reserve, night trekking is organised by the hosts of Homestay close to tiger reserve with panoramic views, Thekkady, Kerala.The activity can be enjoyed all through the year but there are some regional limitations in monsoons.
5. White water rafting: This thrilling activity is available in many parts of India as a lot of cities are fed by rivers. But in the Eco cottages with private plunge pools in Coorg, Karnataka the experience is as majestic as it is convenient.There are options from 1 hour rides to 2.5 hour rides, which start at just 10 minutes from the homestay. This is only organised during monsoons and 30 minutes of training are required.
6. Mountain biking: With the Traditional planter’s bungalow with stellar views in Wayanad, Kerala one can enjoy a thrilling wat to explore the divine region – on mountain bikes. These are done under the supervision of guides and expert supervisors. This is a 6 hour activity and needs a fair amount of stamina. Rides are organised all through the year except during monsoons which last from June/July to August.